This can be a full page dedicated to selfmade individual no-bake cheesecake jars! Use this easy no-bake recipe if you want a quick and crowd-pleasing 30 minute dessert. Have fun with totally different flavors and toppings, too!
Welcome to the July Baking Challenge, the 30th Sally’s Baking Challenge on Sally’s Baking Habit! We’re celebrating this monumental 2 and half yr anniversary with a simple & mild summertime recipe. 🙂
No bake cheesecake jars are a fun individual dessert to serve if you’re brief on time and don’t really feel like turning on the oven. There’s literally no baking involved and the whole dessert takes round 30 minutes. You solely want a handful of acquainted components and some cute little jars. Individual desserts have been all the fashion the previous several years and this mason jar dessert development isn’t disappearing any time soon.
I’ve revealed no bake cheesecake and a basic baked cheesecake recipe on my weblog, each of which take hours to either bake, cool, and/or chill. Shortcut cheesecake, right here we come!
- 1 Why You’ll Love Individual No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
- 2 Video Tutorial: No Bake Cheesecake Jars
- 3 Three Layers in No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
- 4 2 Elements to Cheesecake Filling
- 5 Cheesecake Jar Filling Elements
- 6 Filling Flavors
- 7 Toppings
- 8 Jars for No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
Why You’ll Love Individual No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
When you’ve ever enjoyed my no-bake cheesecake recipe, you realize you’re in for a real deal with with this mini version. You see, no-bake cheesecake (either served as an entire or in jars) is quite a bit easier than baked cheesecake. With out eggs and baking, there’s no strategy to mess up this dessert. You possibly can’t over-bake it, you’ll be able to’t over-whip the eggs, and there’s no cheesecake water tub concerned. If summer time was a dessert, it will be no-bake cheesecake jars.
Right here’s what I respect and know you will too:
- Straightforward recipe
- Creamiest cheesecake filling
- Few instruments required– only a mixer and a pair bowls
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Unlimited flavors & topping choices
- Convenient to transport to parties, BBQs, child showers, & different occasions
- Did I mention no baking?
Video Tutorial: No Bake Cheesecake Jars
Before we get to the written out recipe, let’s assessment each layer. Although this can be a simple dessert, it’s necessary you become familiar with the method before beginning.
Three Layers in No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
- Buttery Graham Cracker Crust
- No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
The graham cracker crust doesn’t need a lot rationalization. You only want graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix the two collectively, then layer into the individual jars. Once more, there’s NO BAKING so you do not want to pre-bake this graham cracker crust.
2 Elements to Cheesecake Filling
There are 2 elements to the cheesecake filling. First, whip heavy cream into stiff peaks. You’re primarily making whipped cream with out sugar or taste. Set that apart. Then beat the remaining cheesecake filling components collectively. Finally, fold in the whipped cream. Whipping the cream 1st is imperative because it provides all the deliciously fluffy and creamy texture. This no-bake cheesecake jar filling virtually tastes like cheesecake mousse– it’s so mild– and we’ve the whipped cream to thank for that. 🙂
Cheesecake Jar Filling Elements
- Heavy Cream: Whip into stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Block Cream Cheese: Use full-fat block cream cheese, not cream cheese spread.
- Sugar: Sugar sweetens the cheesecake jars. This can be a frivolously sweetened dessert, so that you solely need 1/Three cup of sugar in the whole filling.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream is a must-have ingredient in this recipe. Although you only need 2 Tablespoons, it guarantees a tangy cheesecake taste and ultra creamy texture. The truth is, I don’t make common cheesecake with out it.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds taste.
- Recent Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds a bit of brightness and slight taste.
Right here’s the heavy cream crushed into stiff peaks:
Here’s the cheesecake filling after you fold within the whipped cream. It’s airy, mild, and fluffy:
The pictured no bake cheesecake jars are plain, however you’ll be able to undoubtedly add some flavor! Add these elements if you beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract together. I like to recommend leaving out the lemon juice if making the peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate, or coconut variations.
- Peanut Butter: 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Nutella: 1/3 cup Nutella
- Lemon: 2 additional teaspoons lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Raspberry: 1 and half Tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Chocolate: 1 and half Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or chocolate ganache and exchange graham crackers with Oreos or chocolate graham crackers
- Coconut: 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Key Lime: substitute lemon juice with lime juice and add 2 more teaspoons of lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon lime zest
Final layer! Finish the no-bake cheesecake jars together with your favorite toppings. This recipe yields about 6 Eight-ounce cheesecake jars, so you possibly can layer each with a special topping.
And let’s not overlook garnishes like sprinkles, berries, lemons, mint, and so on!
Jars for No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
Eight ounce jars, as pictured, are a reasonably beneficiant serving measurement. Be happy to make use of smaller jars or even use this recipe as a trifle. Whichever measurement jar, I highly advocate utilizing broad mouthed jars so you’ll be able to simply spoon the layers inside.
In case you don’t have jars, use custard cups or bowls. Similar style, totally different delivery. 😉
Be a part of Sally’s Baking Problem
This July, we’re celebrating 2 and 1/2 years of Sally’s Baking Problem. This 30th month-to-month baking challenge may have 3 winners! Here’s the best way to enter:
Make my no-bake cheesecake jars or no-bake cheesecake recipe. (Yes, you can also make the complete no-bake cheesecake as an entry!) Should you’re not into this recipe, right here is the alternate July Baking Problem:
After you make the no-bake cheesecake jar or alternate recipe, share your photographs throughout the month utilizing #sallysbakingchallenge in your public Instagram or Twitter account. (Instagram messages are arduous to track, so e mail as an alternative!) Or upload a photo to my Fb web page or Fb group or e-mail it to me. By sharing your photograph, you’re routinely entered in the $250 giveaway.
For a bonus entry, depart a assessment on the recipe under!
This jar dessert recipe combines a 2 ingredient graham cracker crust with a simple no-bake cheesecake filling. For greatest results, read by means of the recipe and watch the video tutorial above earlier than starting. See weblog publish for cheesecake filling flavors and see recipe notes or blog publish for topping and garnish recommendations.
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (100g) graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham crackers)
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream or heavy whipping cream, cold
- one 8-ounce block (224g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- toppings & garnishes (see word)
- Have your jars ready to go and lined up. This recipe yields about 6 8 ounce jars or 10 6 ounce jars.
- Crust: Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium heat-proof bowl or use the range. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. The mixture will resemble wet sand. Spoon a generous spoonful into every jar, about 2 Tablespoons into the Eight ounce jars and 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons into the 6 ounce jars. If there’s any crust leftover, sprinkle into the jars to use up or discard. Set jars aside.
- Filling: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold heavy cream into stiff peaks on medium-high velocity, about Three-4 minutes. Put aside.
- Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, bitter cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together on medium-high velocity till clean and creamy. Ensure there are not any giant lumps of cream cheese. If there are lumps, hold beating till clean.
- Using your mixer on low velocity or a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until mixed. This takes several turns of your rubber spatula. Mix slowly as you don’t need to deflate all the air within the whipped cream.
- Layer a couple giant spoonfuls of filling on prime of the crust within the jars. Use about 1/Four – 1/3 cup filling within the Eight ounce jars and 3 Tablespoons (or nevertheless much you possibly can pack in!) into the 6 ounce jars. Be sure that to go away room for the topping.
- The cheesecake jars are at room temperature at this point, but in case you’d wish to serve chilled, chill for at the very least 30 minutes and as much as 3 days earlier than adding the topping. (Cover if chilling for longer than 30 minutes.) I recommend adding the topping when serving or up to 2 hours prematurely. The topping can seep down into the layers, in order that’s why I like to recommend adding it quickly before serving.
- Spoon topping and garnishes on prime of filling, then serve.
- Cover and store leftover cheesecake jars within the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: These cheesecake jars might be made 1-3 days prematurely. They can be refrigerated in step 7 for up to Three days before serving. You may also make & layer the crust 1-2 days forward of time. Another approach to make these cheesecake jars ahead of time is to freeze them earlier than including the toppings. Seal jars with the lids and freeze up to Three months. Thaw in the fridge earlier than topping and serving. You can even freeze the cheesecake filling as an entire. Cowl tightly and freeze up to Three months. Thaw within the refrigerator earlier than layering on prime of crust.
- Toppings: Chocolate Ganache, Strawberry Topping, Blueberry Sauce (use the blueberry sauce from my blueberry swirl cheesecake), Whipped Cream, Cherry Pie Filling, Lemon Curd, Salted Caramel
- Garnishes: Recent berries, chopped fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, lemon slices, lime slices, shredded coconut, sprinkles, mint, or whatever you want.
- More Cheesecake Jars: This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. Remember the whipping and beating occasions will improve with the added quantity.
A number of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no additional value to you! Thank you for supporting Sally’s Baking Habit.